DONATE YOUR TIME
Our volunteers are a collaboration form a broad spectrum of various groups within the community. Each group is responsible for cooking and serving on a different day of the month and serving the meals with loving smiles and positive attitudes.
The Table appreciates volunteers who donate their time to help prepare and/or serve the food. It is only through the over 600 plus volunteers each year that The Table has been able to successful continue on such as limited budget. The Table serves free hot meals every weekday by a different group each day of the month from 3:00 to 4:45 pm. Because of limited staff, each serving group is responsible for managing their “day at The Table.” Some groups have more volunteers from their organization than they can accommodate, while others have a core team of volunteers and most would welcome help to prepare the meals and / or help setting up, etc.
Some task that we can use assistance with range, depending on the community group, range from:
- An on call volunteer when a serving group needs additional cooks, preparation, servers, & /or cleaners
- Organizing the pantry supplies and other storage areas
- Carpentry, handy repair, minor building repairs, painting and other skills
- Souse chef, preparation, chopping and / or preparing food
- Picking up food (requires food handler certificate)
- Cleaning the kitchen or dining room
- Baking deserts to be served
Please complete the form on our Contact Us page to indicate your preference(s) and you will be added to on call list
If you are interested in becoming a new community group. Please view the informative guidelines with the understanding that we are flexible and these guidelines are not all-inclusive. We would be happy to discuss the opportunities to include you in our community-helping community.
We deeply value our volunteers, as they are critical to helping us accomplish what we set out to do. We thank you for your past help and look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.
To volunteer or receive more information, please call 707-224-8693 or email your contact information to email@example.com.
FOOD AND SUPPLIES
To donate food, you can drop off at the First Presbyterian Church Office at 1333 3rd St. in downtown Napa (across from the Uptown Theater) between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. You can also call 707-224-8693 or email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fresh produce, fruit, and other items from your garden
- Prepared excess food from events, weddings, conferences, etc.
- Note this must be handled safely and in accordance with the California Food Code.
- Although a special public health permit is not required, donating surplus foods must be done in a way that minimizes food safety risks.
Fear of liability should not prevent donating to The Table, should the recipient become ill from the food. In 1996, the Federal legislature passed the “Bill Emerson Good Samaritan Food Donation Act,” which protects any good-faith donor of apparently wholesome food to a non-profit organization from civil or criminal liability, except for gross negligence or willful misconduct. For more information go to California Department of Public Health.